The Environmental Health Unit (EH Unit) is responsible for licensing and inspecting food operations in accordance to Ohio Revised Code Chapter 3717.
- Food Service Operations (FSO) (restaurants, bars, day care centers, hospitals, nursing homes, etc.)
- Retail Food Establishments (RFE) (grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations)
- Mobile Food Service Operations and Mobile Retail Food Establishments (fairs/festival trailers)
- Temporary Food Service Operations
- Vending Machine Locations (coffee, sandwiches, ice cream)
FSO and RFE Application are renewed each year by March 1.
Prepared home baked goods that do not require refrigeration are exempt from licensing provided the baked goods are properly labeled.
For baked goods that require refrigeration, contact the Ohio Department of Agriculture at (800)-282-1955 to obtain a Home Bakery License.
A temporary license may be required to sell products at events such as craft shows, fairs, festivals, etc.