HHW Events are finished for 2022
Still have HHW that you need to get rid of?
Click below for more information on the Canton E-Waste, Tire & HHW Recycling Center!
- Automotive Fluids & Car Care Products (oil, antifreeze, fuel injector fluid, etc.)
- Diesel, Kerosene & Gasoline (Limit 10 Gallons per vehicle. All containers must be closed tightly & will not be returned)
- Cleaning Supplies & Other Household Chemicals
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Tubes up to 8'
- CFL Any size
- Mercury Containing Devices (i.e. Thermometers)
- Oil-Based Paint (NO LATEX!)
- Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides & Fertilizers
NO ELECTRONICS! NO APPLIANCES! NO TIRES!
ONLY APPROVED WASTE WILL BE ACCEPTED AT WAYNE COUNTY COLLECTION EVENTS!!!!
ANY QUESTIONS CALL 330-264-2426
- All Batteries with “Alkaline” or “Alcaline”
- “Single Use” batteries
These batteries may be placed in the garbage since they are not a fire hazard, no longer contain mercury, and pose no risk to the environment.
These batteries will not be accepted at the HHW pickups or center.
Use latex or nitrile gloves to sort batteries
Old or damaged batteries may have a white or rusty colored powder on the terminal.
This powder can burn your skin!
- It is against state law to discard lead acid batteries in the trash!
- These types of batteries are recyclable through the Canton HHW recycling center
Lead acid batteries are used for starting, lighting, and backup power in any type of on or off-road motor vehicles, emergency lighting, and other products.
Car and truck vehicle batteries contain about 18 pounds of lead and about one gallon of corrosive, lead-contaminated sulfuric acid, which can be recycled.