The Health Department offers classes that will train participants on:
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of an overdose
- Distinguishing between different types of overdose
- Performing rescue breathing
- Calling emergency medical services
- Administering intranasal Naloxone
Upon completion of the 1 1/2 hour class, participants will be issued a Project Dawn kit. The kit includes 2 doses of Naloxone, a medication that can reverse an overdose that is caused by an opioid drug.
Classes are scheduled for: January 28, 2020 from 11:30 - 1:00 pm
March 17, 2020 from 11:30 - 1:00 pm
The classes are offered free of charge, but registration is required. Persons with family members who may be at risk are encouraged to call the Wayne County Health Department at 33-262-9590 for more information.
For questions please call Dianne Burris, RN at 330-264-9590 or fill out the form below.