2023 Household Hazardous Waste Events
These events will be by appointment only!!!
Residents can go to www.timetorecycle.org to schedule them at their own convenience.
Only show up at your reserved appointment time.
May 22rd, 2023 and June 26th, 2023
Wayne County Fairgrounds 199 Vanover St.
The events will be from 12pm-6pm (144 appointments)
As long as the waste is generated in a household we will be accepting:
- Automotive Fluids
- Oil, antifreeze, fuel injector fluid, etc.
- Cleaning supplies and other household chemicals
- Diesel, Kerosene, Gasoline
- Limit 10 gallons per car.
- Containers will not be returned.
- All containers must be closed tightly.
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- All tubes up to 8 ft
- CFL- all sizes
- Mercury containing devices (Example: Thermometers)
- Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides, Fertilizers
- Oil-Based Paint (NO LATEX PAINT), Stains, and Varnish
How to identify oil-based paint- Look on the back and find the cleanup section.
- Oil-Based Paint requires paint thinner or mineral spirits.
- Latex Paint will say to use water and soap for the cleanup, will use phrases like “water based” and usually is housed in a plastic container. Latex paint can be placed with household trash once it has been solidified (either by allowing it to dry out or by mixing in kitty litter, sawdust, or shredded newspaper)
We will NOT be accepting:
Batteries, Appliances, Electronics or Tires of ANY kind at these events!